Some leadership traits by barbara White President of Beyond Better Development
1. A good leader has an exemplary character. They are trusted and live their life with honesty and integrity.
2. A good leader is enthusiastic about their work or cause and also about their role as leader. They are very passionate about what they are doing.
3. A good leader is confident. In order to lead and set direction a leader needs to appear confident as a person and in the leadership role. Such a person inspires confidence in others and draws out the trust and best efforts of the team to complete the task well.
4. A leader also needs to function in an orderly and purposeful manner in situations of uncertainty. People look to the leader during times of uncertainty and unfamiliarity and find reassurance and security when the leader portrays confidence and a positive demeanor.
5. Good leaders remain calm, composed and steadfast to the main purpose.
6. A good leader is able to think analytically.
7. A good leader is committed to excellence. He maintains high standards, and also is proactive in raising the bar in order to achieve excellence in all areas.